15.9.12

MBFW SS13 COLLECTIONS


CAN YOU SPARE A BROTHA AN INVITE?


Quest knew they'd make my day– week?– if they sent me to a couple shows.  Having missed all three shows I was actually scheduled to cover– Rebecca Minkoff, BCBG, and Christian Siriano– I had to make up for it (for myself) in some way, aka sneaking sauntering into the tents.  Okay, I didn't actually (each time), I'd somehow found a way to get a couple invites here and there.  I mean, every designer and PR rep knows that a write up here leads to instantaneous popularity (just kidding, I’m no Man Repeller).  Anyway, I've gathered up some of my favorite photos from the shows, and share just what i got out of each one.
Vlov Qingqing Wu: Clement Chabernaud closed the show in creamsicle orange; the show was a combination of a top model casting and très chouette summery menswear.  Possibly the most ready to wear show I saw.
Venexiana: When the show started, I totally thought Tinkerbell was in the building.  She wasn't.  The entire show felt like I was at a prom– even prom didn't feel so prommy... super high-end Jovani vibes.
Christopher Esber and Ellery: I always sympathize for models who work presentations.  Standing ain't easy for nobody, especially for, like, an hour plus.  Regardless, Christopher Esber's presentation featured les vêtements le plus galactique, while Ellery was clean with a cool twist (i later found out that it was indirectly inspired by basketball).
Timo Weiland: This show was my favorite, hands down.  I can't really decide if it was because the opening song was "Clique," or because I'm infatuated with Timo.  Hate me if you want, but I really felt a sense of the Rugrats actually grown up– not just prepubescent teens– and in the city. loved it all. 
Joanna Mastroianni: Every model had different hair.  The collection set the bar real high for jet-setters & garden nymphs all over the world.  I only say that because a ton of the pieces looked liked the models literally emerged from gardens– think Cabbage Patch Kids, but not cabbage.  Oh, and there was a dog on the runway. (huge plus, got to meet and sit next to Emily from Magenta Lightning).
Gilded Age: Another presentation, but this one was at the Details space across the pavilion.  Give me a free box of Crest White Strips before a show and I'll automatically love it.  Let's just say I left with not one, but two boxes.  That said, I loved it.
Fotini: I thought I'd died and went to heaven when I saw these ethereal beauties.  The scent of lavender & eucalyptus and the mountains of macarons only made the presentation better by appealing to senses other than sight.  It's been a while since I've seen the episode, but I'm pretty sure the dress Little J made for the white party would have fit right in this collection.  Shameless Gossip Girl reference. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment