25.12.12

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU & YOUR SOCKS

BEING NAUGHTY FOR THE HOLIDAYS


It's officially christmas here on the east coast and what better way to celebrate than a big glass of spiked egg nog.  Even though i haven't done anything today yet, I've been celebrating the holidays for the past couple weeks with all of the parties.  From the Team Rubicon at Harding's to the Quest holiday party, I've already had my fair share of champagne and good cheer.
While I love presents just as much as the next guy, they aren't necessarily my focus for today.  For me, it's all about the festive clothing.  The velvet, plaids, and gratuitous amounts of green and red– or for the super fashionable, emerald and oxblood.  Sequins are great and all, but there just like so new years eve, you know?  Furs are totally appropriate.  For shoes, if you're not in a pair of Stubbs, the shiner the shoes, the better.  
Somewhere people tend to neglect during the holidays is that small space between the hem of the pants and the opening of the shoe– yes, the ankle.  and what better ankle accessory is there than a nice festive pair of socks?
Last week at my work holiday party (that I was unacceptably late to), I was pleasantly surprised to see that my boss and I were wearing the same socks, which we totally orchestrated telepathically.  As true as I wish that was– obviously for the sole purpose of coordinating socks with my boss– it was, in fact, a true coincidence.   He received his as a gift and I'd finally purchased them after ogling over them on the Barneys website for the past two holiday seasons.  While I'm not usually so supportive of people wearing the same things that I do, it was 100% acceptable seeing as mine were red and his were black... and he's my boss, so he can obviously wear whatever he pleases.  On the other hand, if you're crazy enough as me to part ways with nearly fifty bucks for a pair of socks that people probably won't see, be my guest.  Maybe we can be friends.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment