26.7.13

HAVE NO FEAR, THE HOLY WAR IS HERE

AND IT CAN'T BE STOPPED

Well, technically speaking, I'm back and that naturally calls for a celebration of sorts (see photo above).  It's been more than two months since my last post, and I hate to say it, but I have my reasons.  With work and what can possibly be the poorest excuse of a social life, I've been beyond busy.  On top of that, we all know that the city is an intern-infested oven during the summer... In all seriousness though, I have been trying to write every so often, but the lack of true inspiration or material I've cared enough about has been rather limiting.  

Oh well

In addition to the lack of inspiration, I slowly developed a serious "thing" against style bloggers.  I follow blogs here an there, and I even have friends who blog.  I don't have an issue with the fact that they blog, but with the overall concept of the style blog.  Fashion today is one of the most overwhelming things ever, and since I work(?) in fashion, sometimes I need a break of some sorts.  I'm all for loving clothes and exceptional styling (and models, of course), but I honestly could not care less about someone's third rate outfit that's so perfect for an outdoor brunch in the garden of some restaurant downtown– diffusion label or RTW, I really don't care.  When it comes to content, I think that the most valuable material is something you can't find in Vogue, Style.com, or– wait for it– Hypebeast.  Photos from the newest Chanel runway show seconds after it takes place?  Revolutionary– that's what NOWFASHION is for.  Am I right?

In no way am I trying to make an open letter against the style blog, or blogger at that.  I just feel that in such a to-the-moment industry, it's rather difficult to not compromise one's blog content (read: dignity).  No longer must you suffer through vapid posts about how in punk is or how to "properly" mix prints– or something like that.  Because frankly speaking, none of that nonsense matters.

1 comment: