22.5.13

GET UR STRIPED SWEAT(ER) ON

GIVE IT TO ME HORIZONTAL

I could live in sweaters 365 days of the year; I actually wish I had one for each day. Recently, I've been moving away from the too-plain gray sweater. I love gray, but my mother thinks it 'takes away from me.' I don't know how a color could possibly 'take away' from a person, but she's rather passionate about her opinion and seems to know what she's talking about. So, no more gray for me for a while.

Today, my sweater of interest is this multi-striped sweater from A.P.C. This sweater reads sea-via-city to me -- nautical with a metropolitan twist. And I love anything with a metropolitan twist. The last time I wore horizontal stripes was when I was Emie (yeah, from Sesame Street– excuse Bert's wonky eye) for Halloween back in 2009. Although my toothpick-thin body could benefit from horizontal stripes, I rarely opt for them for reasons unknown. The last horizontal-striped item I wanted was from the St. James x Barneys collaboration because the collection had the same nautical-cum-metropolitan vibe. I'm still crying about my deliberate decision to not get a piece from the collection when I first saw it --seriously, I just wiped a tear from my cheek. I also condone the color selection: navy and ecru (NOT white.) This supports my efforts against white clothing, and also pays homage to my original color palette I developed in prep school. Two birds, one stone -- that's what I like to call being aesthetically efficient (new term.)

If you like this sweater as much as I do, or if you just want to be like me for some odd reason, you can purchase it from you can purchase it from Mr Porter. If you're like me and have a slight prejudice against e-commerce, you can obviously get it from A.P.C. in SoHo. 

Don't let me catch you buying it, I will definitely pull a Regina George.

A.P.C. Striped Cotton Sweater, $215 (ph. Mr Porter)

No comments:

Post a Comment