20.5.13

VFILES' "MODEL FILES," SEASON 2

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, WHAT?

What are the perks of being a casting director?  According to Preston Chaunsumlit, "casting is like speed dating, except everyone is good looking."  If that's not enough to encourage you to watch the VFILES original series, "Model Files," I don't know what is.

Chronicling the various jobs of protagonist, Preston, "Model Files." is the end all be all of model-reality shows.  Casting everything from NYFW and baby catalogs to Hollister door boys and Miami Swim Week, he pretty much does it all, he's even a top nodel. From time to time, he feuds with antagonist-apparent and model boy, RJ King.  Who, when not provoking Preston, provides a small window into the lives of male models, which unsurprisingly consists of wheatgrass shots, "Girls," and rooftop pools- nearly identical to my life, minus the model part.  BTW, Model Files is partially responsible for my short-term interest in modeling.  I really just wanted to walk in slow motion with a bunch of other long-legged friends to a Nicki Minaj remix.  You may think I'm joking, but we actually did it once- or twice.  I did, however, visit Re:Quest models only to leave shortly after (approx. 5 minutes) I arrived with the most bootleg head shots ever.  It doesn't matter though, because I still casually walk to that Nicki Minaj remix.

Enough about me, back to the show.

Last season ended with a reunion show hosted by It-Girl(?) P'Trique, and it trumped any and every Real Housewife of wherever reunion.  If you remember, the tension between Preston and RJ was thicker than a all of the VS Angels' thigh gaps combined.  They're total frenemies- more enemies than friends on screen though.

Tomorrow kicks off the second season of the series, and I honestly don't think I've anticipated anything to this extent since, like, the Victoria's Secret Fashion show?  Every time I visit the V offices, I swing by the VFILES shop hoping that I can weasel my way into an episode by any means possible.  Any.  Means.  Possible.  While that hasn't happened yet (to my knowledge, at least), this past March, a couple friends and I actually got to meet Preston in the flesh.  After enough time (1.) stanning in the shop section, the sales associate gave us the ultimate surprise and brought him out for a little meet and greet (which totally warranted us becoming Facebook friends.).  By that point, they'd finished filming for the second season, so I obviously missed my call.  I'm not mad though, because I'm writing myself into the third season, he just doesn't know it yet.

Catch the premiere of Model Files season two tomorrow on YouTube, and if you're in SoSo (South Soho), stop by the VFILES shop to play- or something- with model boy, RJ

Preston, in the event you get to read this, thanks again for the shirts!  Oh, and I can't wait to film the third season with you- just think about a co-star named Jihad would do to the ratings.  Email me so we can start planning.

No one cares about Jacob and Edward, are you #teampreston or #teamrj?  Drop a line in the comments section, yo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment