15.5.13

OXBLOOD FOR MY IPHONE

BECAUSE SOMETIMES BLACK ISN'T ALWAYS THE BEST DECISION.


Oxblood may have been the color of AW12, but who says I can't still love it?  Exactly, no one.  I'm literally obsessed with it and I know that I will be forever.  And ever.  And ever.  Just when I didn't think I could have any more, I received an email from Valentine Goods, introducing the new oxblood iPhone 5 leather back accessory.  BDE, Srsly.  There are only three ways to go when it comes to protecting your iPhone: 1. luxe materials like leather or gold; 2. something you can't buy at the Apple store, or at one of those little vendors outside of the store; 3. nude.    

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've been paging the website for, like, ever looking for the right leather accoutrement.  Black naturally seemed like the most obvious decision, but that's the same color as the phone and it just seemed so pointless.  (Don't get me wrong, I'm all about monochrome.)  When they released the animal skins collection, I was all about the stingray– because it's stingray, like, is there anything better?  No more than a week later, my friend showed up with it, aka he marked his territory and made it very clear that the stingray was his.  My next option was the black watersnake, but I decided that it was too much of a statement... and I've always been more of a plain leather kind of guy.  Bell and whistles?  Ain't nobody got time fo' that!

With my anticipated upgrade next week, I'd started looking into what exactly I'd be dealing with case-wise for the iPhone 5.  Throughout my stint with the many iPhone 4's I've gone through, the most important thing I learned was to never leave the front of the phone exposed.  In addition to the fact that I've never liked thick cases in the first place (on Haute Hommie, I openly detested those heinous Otter Boxes– I seriously don't think anyone is clumsy enough to actually need one, but to each his own). But really, I can't really stick an Otter Box-clad iPhone in the pocket of my Proenza Schouler jeans without it messing up my lines, and I really don't like breaking my lines...  Fortunately, with Valentine's options, I don't have to worry about that.  They're thick enough to protect the back of the phone from those annoying scratches you randomly pickup in your wallet or bag– literally, hate those things.  They're also thin enough to barely affect the thickness, which means no broken lines for me, and there's virtually no weight difference.  But they do affect your coolness, which is always important.

What are your thoughts about iPhone protection? More importantly, what do you think about oxblood post its AW12 peak?   I don't enable a comments section just for shiggles.  Type away!

No comments:

Post a Comment