8.5.13

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY

COME AGAIN WHEN I HAVE THIS MARNI RAIN COAT

Contrary to popular belief, I love the rain, but that's only the .1% of the time when I don't care about getting my clothes wet.  The other 99.9% of the time, I'm a superficial fash snob who actually cares about my belongings.  That said, I can't traipse around the city all willy-nilly without a suitable hooded raincoat.  I stress the hood because umbrellas in the city are just obnoxious.  Wait, let me rephrase that: when I  use an umbrella in the city, I am just obnoxious.  I honestly think I took out an aspiring fashionista's eye once– good luck having eyegasms over the new Chanel cruise collection (all aspiring fashionistas cream for Chanel)– to be honest, I don't think the world will miss her.  

Anyway.... while everyone's doing cartwheeling over Kanye's new raincoat, I'm doing backflips over this Marni one.  Like, I love my well loved Barbour, but some days call for a little less prep.  But it just looks like a plain old jacket?  Whatever, you clearly don't know anything.  Seriously, have you ever seen a better combination of stud fastenings, slant pockets, a hood, and a belted collar?  I haven't.  And that neutral color, so perfect for beige-ing out, I wouldn't even know what to do with myself.  Oh, lord... someone call a doctor cause I'm having heart palpitations. 

Wanna know a little secret?  The Marni collaboration with H&M was the only one I actually liked and I totally regret not grabbing a piece especially after it was marked down nearly 75%, like, two weeks after the release.  Doesn't really matter though, because I didn't.  Boo hoo.